Thursday 28 July 2011

Nana's BBQ Sauce

My nana, whom I miss dearly, had some tasty recipes in her repertoire.  I was lucky enough to get some of her cookbooks and recipe collections when she passed away and I hold them near and dear.  She loved to cook for her family but she also enjoyed being cooked for.  I used to love watching her eat.  She was so dainty - always a lady.
I don't like a smoky BBQ sauce so this is right up my alley.  Sweet, a little tangy and sticky.
This recipe is very simple and takes only 5 minutes to make.  Keeps well in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze it.  It's awesome on chicken and it's great on ribs.  Just remember because of the sugar content, to only smear it on the chicken or within the last 15 minutes of cooking so it doesn't burn.
Here is the recipe, word for word. Thanks Nana! Cheers to you!



Nana's BBQ Sauce

1/4 cup butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1/2-1 tsp salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp pepper
dash of Tabasco

Melt butter and add onion, cook until tender.  Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.  store in the refrigerator or freeze for longer storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment